Certificates are effective skill-based programs curated by industry experts and professionals to equip students with the necessary technical ability to become web developers. The right certifications can help you to take on a range of web development specializations and become proficient in the use of appropriate tools and programs used in the industry.
Below is a curated guide to the popular certificates available for aspiring and practicing web developers.
Adobe Certified Expert (ACE)
Adobe Certified Expert (ACE) certification confirms professional-level abilities and expertise with one or more of Adobe’s graphic design or digital communication products. An education plan including Adobe ACE certification(s) can help prepare for various creative design careers, such as graphic designers or web developers. There are two methods you can become certified.
- Bachelor Adobe Creative Cloud product like Dreamweaver or Photoshop
- Complete Adobe Digital Marketing Suite product similar to Adobe Experience Manager or Adobe Campaign
Normally, ACE certification does not demand any prerequisites. However, candidates are expected to have thorough knowledge of the curriculum topics, before attempting the exam.
ACE Details and Figures
- Certification Title: Adobe Certified Expert (ACE)
- Prerequisites & Expected Courses: No restrictions (typically), although Adobe assumes that candidates have extensive experience with exam topics. Training is recommended (prices range from $900 to $3,600 for virtual and classroom training).
- Number of Exams: One per product
- Cost per Exam: $180. Purchase individual exam vouchers through Adobe Certification Marketplace.
Adobe Certification Salary
Average salaries for Adobe certified professionals:
- Adobe Certified Expert salary: $71,000
- Adobe Certified Associate salary: $38,000
Salaries Based on Experience
- Graphic Designer – $46k
- Senior Graphic Designer – $65k
- Film / Video Editor – $57k
- Art Director – $73k
- Creative Director – $91k
- Graphic Artist / Designer – $47k
- Video Producer – $51k
ACE Training URL:
Advantages of Adobe Certifications for individuals:
- Adobe certification is the ideal way to demonstrate your ability in Adobe products.
- Resumes with Adobe certifications get immediately noticed by hiring managers.
- Adobe certified professionals gain attention and esteem from colleagues and employers.
- Adobe certified professionals get exclusive updates on Adobe’s most advanced products and innovations.
- Adobe certified professionals can illustrate Adobe certification logos on their business cards, resumes, and websites to leverage the potential of the Adobe brand.
Advantages of Adobe Certifications for businesses:
- Adobe certifications allow you to assess a potential hire’s design skills.
- Businesses can invest in and promote their top employees by getting them Adobe certified.
- Adobe certifications map to specific products and job roles, so businesses can always find the right person for the job.
Demand for ACE certified professionals
Adobe Certified Expert (ACE) certification is highly sought after in the field of graphic design or digital communication products.
- Adobe Systems Incorporated. ₹1m – ₹2m.
- Accenture. ₹675k – ₹1m.
- Sapient Corporation. ₹0 – ₹909k.
- Tata Consultancy Services Limited. ₹0 – ₹550k.
- Deloitte Consulting LLP. ₹0 – ₹825k.
Self-Study Materials: A free exam guide, with exam topics, number of questions, sample questions and preparation tips is available on each Exam’s webpage. Adobe makes numerous resources available on its training page, including instructor-led and e-learning opportunities, self-assessments and more.
Zend Certified PHP Engineer
The Zend Certified PHP Engineer credential is one that is globally trusted in the industry. The certification validates your PHP expertise and increases your employability. PHP is a scripting language that web developers use to create industry-level websites. The exam curriculum incorporates topics in programming, input/output, syntax, data types, and object-oriented programming, amongst others. This certification helps to land lucrative job roles.
- Prerequisites: Applicants need to know the technologies used by PHP developers in their file
- Cost: $195
Zend Certified Engineer PHP Data and Figures
- Certification Name: Zend Certified PHP Engineer
Zend Certification Salary
Average salaries for Zend Certification Salary
- In US is $60-80k
- In UK it is about $36k,
- In Ukraine is $11k per year
Salaries Based on Experience
- Senior Software Engineer – $95k – $177k
- Software Engineer – $66k – $148k
- Marketing Manager – $65k – $150k
- Account Executive – $43k – $109k –
- Sales Operations Manager – $82k – $152k
- Technical Architect – $76k – $159k
- Engagement Manager – $68k – $146k
- Prerequisites & Required Courses: None; training recommended
- Number of Exams: One
- Cost per Exam: $195. Exam fees may be eligible for reimbursement under the GI bill.
- A way of validating PHP skills to potential employers
- Gain knowledge and expertise in PHP
The construction of some exam questions doesn’t prove the expertise of candidates.
PHP is a server-side scripting language that is used to develop Static or Dynamic websites, or Web applications.
- Cactus Communications ₹258k – ₹1m
- Tata Consultancy Services Limited ₹336k – ₹761k
Self-Study Materials: Links to exam topics, exam preparation resources, recorded training, virtual instructor-led training, and a reasonably priced study guide ($19.95) are available on the certification webpage.
Microsoft Technology Partner
Microsoft offers outstanding opportunities for training in new software technologies. From their wide suite of recognized certifications, you can explore the most relevant certificate depending on your expertise, skills and abilities.
The Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) certification offers fundamental knowledge to pursue the higher-level Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) or Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD) certifications.
The MTA certification could make a great entry point for newbies who want to jumpstart their IT careers. The MTA certification is excellent for high school/college students or for anyone new to web development.
- Exam format: There are various exams for each topic. The questions are in multiple-choice format
- Cost: $115
- Validity: MTA certifications do not expire and have a lifetime validity
Benefits of Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA)
The MTA Certificate measures the requisite knowledge in the fields of operating system, software development, and database design. This certificate can help professionals mature and be more confident in today’s competitive job market, helping to earn higher salaries. It encourages employees to increase their capability, potency, and reliability with their colleagues and clients. The certificate is a validation of the individual’s ability to immediately take on and add value to projects.
The following is a list of advantages of getting Microsoft Certified:
- Confirm your skills and knowledge
- Distinguish yourself from competitors
- Enhance your resume and get noticed
- Gain recognition and identification from your employer
- Leverage the potential of the Microsoft brand
Demand for Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) certified professionals
This certification is designed for individuals seeking to enter development job roles such as software engineer, computer programmer, web and application developer.
Microsoft Technology, Nagarro, Accenture, ICS Consultancy, Convergys India, Concentrix, DXC Technology, Wipro, Collabera, Denave, GyanSys
Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA)
Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) is a beginner-level credential from Microsoft that establishes an individual’s expertise and validates knowledge on Microsoft technologies. MCSA is also a prerequisite to attaining higher certifications to accomplish more excellent proficiency and expertise in a subject. It is the beginning of the MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional) certificates and is reasonably necessary in the corporate world to demonstrate a Microsoft product or professional service knowledge.
Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) Certification Salary
MCSA certification is a stepping stone to advanced certification for the career track. MCSA certification in Microsoft Windows and servers will land on a technical support specialist or a network administrator.
Average salaries for Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) Certification Salary
1. In US $86,340 per year
- Tata Consultancy Services Limited – ₹343k – ₹935k
- HCL Technologies Ltd – ₹258k – ₹1m
- IBM India Private Limited – ₹296k – ₹2m
- Wipro Technologies Ltd – ₹233k – ₹3m
- InfoSys Limited – ₹336k – ₹1m
Salaries Based on Experience
- Systems Administrator – $66k
- Information Technology (IT) Manager – $85k
- Senior Systems Administrator – $88k
- Senior Systems Engineer – $102k
- Systems Engineer, IT – $76k
- Network Administrator – $63k
- Systems Engineer (Computer Networking / IT) – $74k
Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) Training
Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD)
Individuals well versed in Microsoft technologies and possessing hands-on experience, can directly attempt the Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD) or Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) certification.
There are four tracks in the MCSD: Application lifecycle management, Windows Store Apps, Web Applications, and SharePoint Applications. This credential will help you stand out from other web developers in the market.
Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD) Certification Salary
Average salaries for Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD) Certification Salary
In US $99,000 per annum
Benefits of Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD)
Highlights your resume during the hiring process: Being an MCSD differentiates you from other professionals. It confirms that you are technically certified by the apex authority Microsoft. MCSD doesn’t ensure that a resource is technically qualified; at best, it ensures that he/she has the drive and confidence to acquire and pursue the certification path, which is not so common among developers.
MCSD also ensures for the candidate:
- Better salary and chances of getting promoted
- Better visibility at the workplace
Demand for Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD)
The certification validates that individual have the skills needed to build modern mobile and/or web applications and services.
- Accenture Technology Solutions ₹435k – ₹1m
- InfoSys Limited ₹380k – ₹1m
- Accenture ₹381k – ₹1m
- Tata Consultancy Services Limited ₹300k – ₹1m
- Capgemini ₹366k – ₹3m
Salaries for MCSD based on Experience
- Software Engineer – $94k
- Senior Software Engineer – $113k
- Sr. Software Engineer / Developer / Programmer – $107k
- Software Developer – $81k
- Principal Software Engineer – $140k
- Software Architect – $125k
- Software Development Manager – $122k
AWS Certified Developer
This exam is for people with more than one year of experience promoting and maintaining an Amazon Web Service or AWS-based application, who have undertaken web development roles.
To get this certification, you will have to pass a multiple-choice exam that will take up to 130 minutes to complete. It will cost you $150 to take this exam, and there is a practice exam available for an additional $20.
AWS Certified Developer Salaries
Here is a breakdown of average salary earned on the basis of the AWS certificate (U.S. and Canada only):
- AWS Certified Developer – Associate: $130,272
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer – Professional: $137,724
- AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate: $130,610
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate: $130,883
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional: $148,456
Source: 2019 IT Skills & Salary Survey by Global Knowledge
AWS Certified Developer Exam Cost
- Exam Cost: 150 USD (approx INR 10,439)
- Exam Format: Multiple Choice, Multiple-Answer
- Validity: 3 years
Benefits of AWS Certified Developer credential
- You will have proven abilities and expertise in the preeminent cloud computing platform.
- You will be consistently placed among the top-paying info-tech professionals worldwide.
- With this credential, you can validate your reliability and dedication to the cloud engineering profession path.
- The credential helps you to network with like-minded peers and AWS thought-leaders.
- It ensures that your AWS skills remain current.
Microsoft, Teradata, Amazon, Deloitte
AWS Certified Developer Training
W3 HTML5 Developer Certificate
This web development certification validates your expertise to create highly interactive apps using HTML5, XHTML, and CSS. It is accepted internationally and is used by web design professionals as a key certification to prove their knowledge of foundational principles.
- Exam format: The exam has a 70-minute duration and comprises of 70 multiple choice questions, with a minimum passing score of 70%.
- Cost: $95
W3 HTML5 Developer Salaries
W3 HTML5 Developer Training
A certificate in web development is an excellent way to open doors to lucrative job opportunities. To get certified, you will need to invest time and effort, but it will lead to enduring benefits which make it worth your while. There are some wonderful training institutes that help you prepare for the exams and gain hands-on working knowledge of the technologies.
Certifications can distinguish you from non-certified peers and help you to land better job roles. In this competitive job market, a credential might be all you need to get ahead – take the first step today!